Monday, August 27, 2012

A Full-Time Position

Receiving my 5 year certificate of service.
After moving from one apartment to another apartment for three and a half days, going back to work was a little refreshing. Everyone was so happy to see me. It made me feel as though I really matter to these people I called co-workers and friends. While I had been out on medical leave, I surpassed the milestone of working for the non-profit ministry for five years. When you achieve that milestone, and every five years thereafter, you receive a certificate of achievement. The day I got back to the office, I was presented my certificate and a card from my department of congratulations. I was nice to be recognized for the time I had put into the ministry.

One other person in my department was being celebrated for having achieved a milestone in their service with the ministry as well. We both received our certificates and we celebrated with a cake for breakfast that morning during our normal morning devotional.

There was not much work that happened that first day back with all of the well-wishers that trickled through the department that day. But, the rest of the week felt as though life was back to normal. I walked with my walker all over the ministry for meetings and lunch and snacks, still meeting with people that were happy to see me back on the office and doing well.

Mom would drive me to work and drop me off at the front door to our building in the morning. She would come back at the end of the day to pick me up and take me home or to any appointments I may have. It was nice to be back in the swing of things as it had been before, just with a different walk now. All my days were worked as full-time days. I never went back as part-time. Praise the Lord!

Next..."A Doctor a Day."

Reflection:
"Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever." Psalm 107:1

No comments:

Post a Comment