Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Tide is High...

Here are the last few lines of a recent post by my co-worker Toben Heim on The Simple Wife: "The tide feels like it is turning a little. There was a lot of bad and very little good there for a while but some good is creeping in. Yes! Let's keep it rolling!" (If you don't know much about this blog, The Simple Wife, please read back to January 2011 to understand why I find it important for me to follow.)

Toben's words got me thinking about the song, "The Tide is High," by the classic '80s group Blondie. The song was originally written in 1967 and performed by the Jamaican group The Paragons. But, Blondie's version is newer and more recognized. The lyrics are so not about our relationship with the Lord. However, I am claiming the chorus as my own anthem to Him. Here are the words (sing along out loud if you know the tune):
The tide is high but I'm holding on
I'm gonna be your number one
I'm not the kind of girl who gives up just like that
Oh, no
Repeated at the end of the song until it fades out with a bunch of ad libbing going on, is what I hear in my head over and over again. For anyone who really knows me, they know that I am NOT the kind of girl who gives up, period. I "Fight On" (hearing the USC Trojans anthem here), till the end (hearing the '70s "We Are The Champions" by Queen now). Who knew that three lines at the end of a blog post would elicit so many songs in ones head? Gosh!

Here's the point...

My life has been filled with so many issues from my health over the past several years. It has taken a physical and mental toll on me which has culminated in my feeling as though the tide keeps rising and never seems to ebb. As Toben reflected in his blog post about his families experiences of a lot of bad things happening with very little good; I can say the same thing for my life, just in a longer period of time. But, I am holding on and I am number one to the Lord. He cares that much for me. He cares that much for Toben and his family. And He cares that much for you!

The tide may be rising in your life, but hold on! God cares for you and you are number one in His eyes.

Next..."It's Been One Year and I'm Going Strong"

Reflection:
"Are not two sparrows sold for a cent? And yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So do not fear; you are more valuable than many sparrows." Matthew 10:29-31 (New American Standard Version)




No comments:

Post a Comment